On the heels of the August 2021 rate change announcement, the USPS has announced temporary rate changes for selected shipping services during the upcoming holiday season.
These prices are seasonal, and are scheduled to take effect from October 3, 2021 through December 26th, 2021. Like last year's temporary rate change in October, only certain shipping services will be affected, including both retail (post office) and commercial (discounted) pricing for the specific services.
Key Points for the USPS Holiday Shipping Updates:
- Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, USPS Retail Ground, and First-Class Package Service are some of the affected services.
- Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express Flat Rate envelopes and boxes will see an increase of $.75.
- USPS Retail Ground will see increases ranging from $.25 cents to $5.00 – across all zones and weights.
- First-Class Package Service Retail and Commercial prices will each increase by $.30.
- Parcel Return Service will see an increase of $1.00.
To learn more about these USPS rate changes follow this link to the USPS Newsroom announcement.